Awlquik is a quick drying, medium build, easily sanded, two component epoxy primer/surfacer. Must be used with D9001 converter. Easy to apply by brush, roller or spray. Not to be used below the waterline.
- Theoretical Coverage: Sq. Feet/Gallon: 609 Sq. Feet (57m2) at one mil dry (25 microns).
- 203-305 Sq. Feet (19-28m2) at recommended dry film thickness.
- Calculated for mixed base and converter reduced 50%.
Coverage calculations are based on theoretical transfer efficiency of 100%. Actual coverage rate obtained will vary according to equipment choice, application techniques, part size, and application environment.
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness: 5 mils (125 microns)
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 2-3 mils (50-75 microns)
- Recoatability: At 77F/50% R.H.
- Spray: may be overcoated with itself, 4 hours; with 545 Primer or topcoat, 12 hours.
- Brush Roll: with itself, 12 – 14 hours, with other products 12 – 14 hours.
- Maximum without sanding: 24 Hours. May be overcoated with Awlgrip/Awlcraft 2000 Topcoats, and 545 Epoxy Primer.
Note: Sealing Awlquik with 545 Primer before applying an Awlgrip/Awlcraft 2000 topcoat will maximize gloss and D.O.I. of the topcoat.
- VOC: Base (D8003) – 436 g/lt or 3.6 lbs/gallon
- Converter (D9001) – 354 g/lt or 3 lbs/gallon
Product Components, Reducers, Additives, and Auxiliary Components
- Off White Base D8003
- Converter D9001
- Spray Reducer T0006
- Brushing Reducer T0031
- Equipment Cleaning T0006, T0002, or T0031 Reducers or M.E.K.