3M™ Perfect-It™ Gelcoat Light Cutting Polish + Wax is formulated to quickly remove light to medium oxidation, light scratches, swirl marks and other minor defects from gelcoat. This compound removes scratches of P1500 or finer, and leaves a polished wax finish without swirls even in difficult dark-colored gelcoats.
For a truly professional gelcoat finish, our 3M™ Perfect‐It™ Gelcoat Light Cutting Compound + Wax combines polish and protection in one step – its premium chemical and mineral formula quickly removes light to medium oxidation, swirl marks and scratches of P1500 or finer. This gelcoat polish leaves a smooth, high gloss wax finish even on dark colored gelcoats, and it protects the gelcoat surface against weathering. The compound, which is suitable for environments not sensitive to silicone, has a long wet time, allowing you to compound longer before you need new material. You use less product even in warmer climates, yet it handles well and does not clog on the buffing pad. The formula also includes a wax coating which helps protect the gelcoat surface from the elements and reduces the need for further waxing. From buffing professionals to vehicle owners, the 3M™ Perfect‐It™ Gelcoat Finishing products works great on boats, RVs and industrial gelcoat surfaces – new and used alike. These products include a step by step process to help you achieve dependable finishes every time, regardless of one , two or three step processes. And the color coded bottles allow for easy reference in the shop or on the dock. The full series of 3M products created specifically for gelcoat includes 3M™ Perfect‐It™ Boat Wash, 3M™ Perfect‐It™ Heavy Cutting Compound, 3M™ Perfect‐It™ Medium Cutting Compound + Wax and 3M™ Perfect‐It™ Boat Wax. This range of products is ideal for achieving professional grade gelcoat finishes for boats, RVs and industrial applications.
- 3M’s fastest-cutting gelcoat formula for removing light to medium oxidation and scratches, part of a complete range of 3M™ Perfect‐It™ products for gelcoat finishing
- Removes swirl marks even on difficult dark-colored gelcoats
- Can be used to cut, polish and wax in one step, reducing time and expense
- Formula provides longer wet time for extended product life and easier cleanup
- Suitable for non-silicone-sensitive gelcoat surfaces including marine, RV and industrial
- One step compound and wax!